Keto bread almond flour
Keto bread almond flour , Although it is part of a paid book, I want to give it to you, because I don’t want you to buy it just for the bread recipe, I want you to buy it for the other 99 ideas of lifelong dishes that will make your life much easier.
Keto bread almond flour
I have used the American way of making bread by adding an ingredient that is worth € 2.5 in amazon which is wheat gluten (4 carbs per 100g and low glycemic index so it does not cause insulin spike). I was seeing this ingredient in all the breads and mixes that I bought online and after much research (and many breads thrown away 😂) I GOT THE KETO BREAD of my dreams.
Let’s talk about wheat gluten on the keto diet
If we are talking about gluten as a loose ingredient, it is because I bring you bad news: lifelong flours are high in carbohydrates and high in the glycemic index.
Just like we talked about there are no forbidden foods, we can say that the lower it is in carbohydrates, glycemic index or glycemic load, the easier it will be to integrate it into your day and not get out of ketosis. Sadly, the most common flours are not recommended when doing keto:
– Wheat flour has 70 carbohydrates per 100g and a glycemic index of 70.
– Cornmeal has around 70 carbohydrates per 100g but with a glycemic index of 52.
– Spelled flour and oatmeal (or oatmeal itself) are not far behind with 60 carbohydrates per 100g and around 55 on the glycemic index.
Instead, the ketogenic diet has found healthier substitutes, low-carb ingredients that pose as flours and are generally gluten-free, suitable for people with intolerances. The preparations with these ingredients are delicious and healthy, however, warn you that achieving the results similar to industrial pastries or the bread or pizza doughs that you buy in the supermarket is practically impossible. Hence, we use almond flour, coconut flour or crushed sunflower seeds.
But there is a problem and it is that these «flours» lack a crucial ingredient that gives them fluffiness and flexibility: GLUTEN.
I’m not going to lie to you, almond flour and egg-based keto breads usually NEVER have a texture like old-fashioned bread with a flexible crumb and a crisp crust. To obtain this desired texture we have to add wheat gluten to it.
What is wheat gluten? Wheat gluten is a fine powder that contains only wheat gluten, not to be confused with wheat flour. It has 4 carbs per 100g so technically it’s a low carb ingredient so it would be keto. The bad news of the day is that gluten is inflammatory and cannot be consumed by intolerant people.
Can gluten be consumed on keto? Just because it’s inflammatory doesn’t mean it’s not keto, as peanuts and dairy are too and are still being consumed. If you do clean keto where you can’t eat anything inflammatory, you couldn’t take it. But if you do relaxed keto where all foods are allowed (without abuse) as long as you do not go over your daily macros, you can easily eat a good sandwich.
Why can it be substituted? If I’m still honest with you, I confess that it cannot be substituted for any other ingredient, but I also tell you that there are other ingredients that help you not have to add so many eggs to the mixtures and achieve more linked results in the doughs such as flax and flax. chia. Of course, keep in mind that you will not get the same results.
Will it get me out of ketosis? Technically not unless you eat 2 whole loaves of bread. I repeat, gluten is low in carbohydrates and low on the glycemic index so you won’t have to worry.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Ingredient to cook Keto bread almond flour For the mass:
– Warm water: 120 g
– Honey: 4 g
– Bread yeast: 4 g
– Chia seeds: 20 g
– Eggs: 1
– Olive oil: 20 g
– Almond flour: 35 g (you can substitute for ground sunflower seeds)
– Wheat gluten: 100 g
– Xanthan gum: 3 g
Instructions: to cook Keto bread almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 50ºC.
2. Pour the boiling water into a bowl along with the honey. Let stand 2-3 minutes.
3. Crush the chia seeds. Reservation.
4. Add the yeast to the water with the honey and let it rest for 3 minutes.
5. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients: the crushed chia seeds, the almond flour, the wheat gluten and the xanthan gum.
6. Mix the bowl of the yeast water and honey mixture together with the dry ingredients. Add the oil and the egg.
7. Knead 5-10 minutes until mixture is no longer sticky.
8. Divide into 6 equal sized buns or a loaf and place on top of a baking sheet. You can decorate with assorted seeds.
9. Bake the buns for 1 hour at 50ºC.10. When the hour has passed raise the temperature to 180ºC and bake another 15.
keto bread aldi, keto bread crumbs, keto bread whole foods, keto breadsticks, keto bread machine recipe, keto bread easy, keto bread loaf , keto bread substitute, keto bread pudding, keto bread sprouts, keto bread mix, keto bread rolls, keto bread heb, keto bread recipe for bread machine, keto bread in bread machine, keto bread ingredients